bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 7th May 2008, 14:31   #581
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupboard View Post
thought that the BMW logo should be going forward/backwards.
Nah - it's not a transverse engine.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 14:49   #582
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Are you going to take it to Silverstone for some track bashing once it's finished?
Old 7th May 2008, 15:05   #583
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I'd love to. But let me get it finished first, and road legal. Then I can think about slicks, forced induction and trackdays.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
Old 14th May 2008, 11:04   #584
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

Yay! Got a call from Marlin this morning - my second stage order is ready for collection. I guess I'll be off to the West Country this weekend!
- Carl Sagan

Old 18th May 2008, 12:45   #585
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

ozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremelozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All looking awesome GOO!

My Westfield is going for it's pre-MOT next friday, and then the SVA test in a few weeks. Project has been lying dormant for nearly a year, me and my dad have been so busy we haven't got around to SVA'ing it.

Now to find insurance for an 18 year old....

Looks like we may be looking at building a Westfield XI next

Goo, I haven't read through the thread fully for a while. Do you have a log somewhere else? Or just a site with all the pics on? It takes ages to read through pages of comments when i just wanna see the project
Old 18th May 2008, 23:41   #586
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstrike View Post
Goo, I haven't read through the thread fully for a while. Do you have a log somewhere else? Or just a site with all the pics on? It takes ages to read through pages of comments when i just wanna see the project
Not yet, but it is something I keep meaning to do - I'll get round to at some point. When I do, I'll let everyone know
- Carl Sagan

Old 28th May 2008, 08:25   #587
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
GOO, did you manage to get to the west country to pick up bits in the end, or still awaiting a chance to get down there?
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2008, 10:25   #588
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

I did, but I haven't had time to do anything with the bits... Work, Family commitments and the fact that I've been busy setting up a proper build blog has got in the way. Watch this space.
- Carl Sagan

Old 1st Jun 2008, 13:12   #589
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

ozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremelozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hell yes, I've got insurance on my Westfield
Now for SVA, they're taking ages to get back to us about the booking date.
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 09:43   #590
Murdoc
Gas Mask..ZOMG

Murdoc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Hell yes, I've got insurance on my Westfield
Now for SVA, they're taking ages to get back to us about the booking date.
How much is your insurance if you don't mind letting me know? I'm about to get a track slag kit and I'm doing the budget.

Goo excellent thread, I have enjoyed reading every update.

Last edited by Murdoc; 2nd Jun 2008 at 10:15.
Murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 11:21   #591
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

It was about 950 quid, I'm not sure whether I'm as the main driver, or just as a named driver. It's fully comp, but with a 3000 mile limit per year. With Footman James.
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 11:28   #592
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
this thread is still ridiculously cool
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 11:39   #593
Murdoc
Gas Mask..ZOMG

Quote:
It was about 950 quid, I'm not sure whether I'm as the main driver, or just as a named driver. It's fully comp, but with a 3000 mile limit per year. With Footman James.
Zomg, how old are and what engine size/power?
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 12:47   #594
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

I'm 18, been driving for a year. It's a 1.8 Zetec, not sure on the power tbh.
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 13:09   #595
Murdoc
Gas Mask..ZOMG

That's a decent quote then. The 1.8 Zetec makes about 113 bhp depending on where you got it from.
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 13:51   #596
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

It was a brand new one when we got it, so it should be fine. It's running ok now, once it's had a clearout.
I want moar power now!
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 13:57   #597
Murdoc
Gas Mask..ZOMG

It's not about the power, it's the corners!
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 18:32   #598
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

And some power

Edit: it seems that I could replace the cams in the Zetec and get 130bhp out of it, if I do a ocuple other mods. Maybe that's next

Last edited by ozstrike; 3rd Jun 2008 at 00:37.
ozstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 21:25   #599
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

Right - I said I was mucking about trying to put together a build blog. Here it is:

http://web.mac.com/greatoldone/

Hopefully that will make following the build a little easier. I'll post to both in the future. The Blog has an RSS feed on it, but I don't think its working just yet... I was dicking around with CNAME stuff to redirect my greatoldone.co.uk domain to my .mac site, and I don't think everything has bottomed out yet. But the diary seems to work. Check it out.
- Carl Sagan

Old 11th Jun 2008, 16:53   #600
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

The DNS Seems to have worked it's way through now, so you can read the full, lurid build details without all the other posts by going to www.greatoldone.co.uk, or you can click on the link in my sig. The RSS feed to the build blog is now also working - subscribe, and you'll see just how slow I am at updating it!
- Carl Sagan

Tags
arduino, awesome, bmw straight6, build, car, crazy grins, custombuild, electronics, goo, gooster, greatoldone, kitcar, legendary, motors, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, sweet jesus, vikki

View Mode