bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Sep 2010, 16:46   #41
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
I'd be downright scared for his mental health if I was his family or friends.

The local theater is $9.50 for a film, $6.50 for a matinee. Why would someone pay three times that just to watch cutscenes? It's disgusting.
Old 16th Sep 2010, 17:24   #42
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
We hate Gabe Newell for being an idiot but he's actually an angel compared to that asshole
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 17:58   #43
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After playing Warcraft 3, and recently Starcraft 2, my desire for a feature length, CGI movie based in one of these universes (preferably SC) has hit its peak. Having said that, it would have to be the Blizzard team that does the CGI in the games making the movie, and it would have to be something that is not covered in the game(s). For example, a full CGI movie of any of the Stracraft books, handled by Blizzard, and sold for a fair price would be epic.

Everything I just read sounds retarded though. $20-$30? For CUTSCENES?! WTF!
Old 16th Sep 2010, 18:24   #44
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
If ever I wondered why I was falling out of love with gaming :-(
XFXScorpio911 PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz SLI GTX 480 1536MB ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA 4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2T CORSAIR HYDRO H50 CORSAIR F60 WINDOWS 7 HP 64bit Musings On The Technical World Steam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 19:04   #45
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Piracy is our only option."
— Jane Austen (Sense and Sensibility)
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 19:39   #46
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
LOL I'm glad I'm not a fan of game cutscenes, heck I would honestly prefer if game devs scrapped cutscenes & replaced them with comic strip pieces that are skippable to lower production costs & game prices or put the money into innovative new game styles, I'm getting a bit bored with standard gaming lately.

Here's what I would like to see happen to game cutscenes as a standard, keep cutscenes but make them highly interactive like heavy rain on ps3 & whatever decisions you make at each cutscene it alters the story creating many alternative routes to the endings, I've had enough of 1 route games.

I'm seeing less & less reasons to play through a completed game for a second time which really devalues a game if it has no replayability, I love a good action/adventure game but it could do with a nice breath of fresh air.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 20:00   #47
TSR2
Multimodder

TSR2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The only game I think that would work for is Doom, simply because the film was so awful :/ Besides, won't people simply copy the cutscenes from the game files if they really want to bore their friends?
TSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 20:55   #48
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Can Activision just roll over and die already? This is becoming ridiculous.
Old 16th Sep 2010, 21:29   #49
AsSuLuTo
Boing boing boing!

AsSuLuTo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would be interesting given the high quality of some of the SC2 cut scenes, however Kotick can go and eat a bowl of dicks after this...

"...for whom we have their credit card information..."

This alone makes me trust Activision even less.
AsSuLuTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 21:37   #50
Pete J
The upgrade bug biteth...

Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSuLuTo View Post

Exactly
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2010, 22:45   #51
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSuLuTo View Post
It would be interesting given the high quality of some of the SC2 cut scenes, however Kotick can go and eat a bowl of dicks after this...

Is the guy actually a good business man ? From that quote alone he looks more like the luckiest son of a bitch alive whose job he won in a cheap radio contest
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 01:13   #52
oops_jo
What's a Dremel?

oops_jo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Let me get this straight. The guy is saying one of two things:

1) The game will come with the cut scenes, but they'll charge you to stitch them all together. Perhaps the paid cut scenes will be longer or more elaborate? For 3 times the price of a real movie? How many people would actually pay $3 for that, let alone $30? Five? Maybe six?

2) The game will come without any cut scenes, and you'll have to pay to see them. Those are the in-game scenes we're talking about. As in, you kill a boss, and you get an NES style ending with a flashing "Congratulation you saved the princess", unless you want to pay to see the ending? Can he really mean it this way? Can anyone be so short-sighted? How can someone in his position be so horrible at business?
oops_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 06:32   #53
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The idea is kinda understandable but the price is beyond belief. My god this man is insane. Then again people do stump up alot of cash for the stuff they put out.
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 06:49   #54
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I'd pay to skip some of the cut scenes,

ohh ****, that will be there next big idea
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 08:17   #55
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
The lack of sense of reality of some people...unbelievable.

The IDEA is great though*, I'd watch it. But Nooo-Nay-Never at that price point

*Heck I've got the cutscenes of "Privateer 2" with a very young clive owen
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 10:39   #56
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.
I could see paying a buck for this, but $30? Forget about it.

The really annoying thing about this is that they're not even trying to add value, just to find a way to rape the customer out of more money. Also, why would someone who has already bought the game want to pay extra for the cutscenes. Wouldn't the target market be people who might buy the game and want to see what it's all about?
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:01   #57
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oops_jo View Post
..., unless you want to pay to see the ending? Can he really mean it this way? Can anyone be so short-sighted? How can someone in his position be so horrible at business?
DLC works great for publishers & developers, doesn't it? So why not find more "extra" content that people will pay for?

They're about to push their luck but if they just get 5% of "their" fan base to pay for it... PROFIT!!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:48   #58
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Bear in mind these people aren't really talking to the likes of us. They're talking to the financial markets, who'll see that Activision have a New! Innovative! and On-Line! business model they're going to try and apply, and to quote a famous movie, Bobby's stock will go up a quarter of a point. It barely matters whether it's actually going to work.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:51   #59
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes View Post
Bobby's stock will go up a quarter of a point. It barely matters whether it's actually going to work.
Good point sadly
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 23:08   #60
ZERO <ibis>
Supermodder

ZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the DremelZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
On that point I find it funny how these same investors let alone the rest of the world are surprised when these investments fail and the over inflated econ falls off a cliff.