bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thoughts on Jimmy's Vendetta

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/09...2-dlc-verdict/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:26   #2
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
hurrah for the console-style, single slot save system
Oh good...whoever thought THAT was a good Idea to make it through the Beta?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:42   #3
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Interesting.
Not the game itself but the fact that I've enjoyed Mafia II much more than Amnesia for example. I am yet to play Jimmy's Vendetta but I will try because I really liked M2.

This semester is being quite boring besides the antecipation for Civ V. And yes, I do remember Starcraft II wich I find just a little above OK game because I am not much into multiplayer games (I always lose).
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:47   #4
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm proud of myself for not buying this
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:51   #5
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Heh, the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was something along the lines of, "there's a Terry Tibbs game!? Fantastic!" I was dissapointed.

Oh, and that picture of Teri Hatcher has got to be altered... it almost looks like a mashup of her and Michael Jackson!

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 12:04   #6
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
looks like this is what should have been in Mafia 2 (non DLC original) from the start.
Old 17th Sep 2010, 14:59   #7
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
hurrah for the console-style, single slot save system
What? I seem to recall that was often the case on the PS2 but I haven't seen anything that only allows one save slot since. Even Sonic 3 on the megadrive had 4 slots!
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 19:26   #8
themcman1
is now 110% win

themcman1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelthemcman1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelthemcman1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
There's no points for getting air though, sadly
Unless I'm very much mistaken, there is.
themcman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2010, 20:55   #9
Deadpunkdave
...why you need a 20-sided die

Deadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
What? I seem to recall that was often the case on the PS2 but I haven't seen anything that only allows one save slot since. Even Sonic 3 on the megadrive had 4 slots!
Sometimes 3 isn't enough. During a drunken night I went from being Supreme Allied Commander to Cadet after drunkenly telling my mate he could 'just take one of the saves' in Rogue Squadron. It shall never be forgotten.
Deadpunkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2010, 03:11   #10
robots
Banned

robots has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought Mafia 2 itself was ok, not great but ok. This however was complete crap. I actually stopped playing it half way though because it just wasn't fun.
robots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2010, 06:03   #11
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themcman1 View Post
Unless I'm very much mistaken, there is.
At >100MPH I fired my car over several vehicles with no points accumulation. Not even an increase before turning red and losing them.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2010, 11:54   #12
PegasusM
Stand back, I'm doing science

PegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for presidentPegasusM should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
At >100MPH I fired my car over several vehicles with no points accumulation. Not even an increase before turning red and losing them.
There is points for air, and I think Jimmy even said something too. Not sure what happened in your case, maybe the game thought you were falling instead:P.
Gaming PC: i5 2500k @4.4GHz, Antec KÜHLER H2O 650, 8GB 1866Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, GTX 780, MSI P67A-GD53(B3), Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio, 128GB Crucial C300, 2TB Samsung F3, Antec 902, Seasonic x-850,
ESXi Server: Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz, Noctua NH-L9a, Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 12GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP, Intel Dual NIC, 2x3TB HDDs, Lian Li PC-C33, Corsair CXM 600 NAS(Backup): Synology DS211 2x3TB HDDs
PegasusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2010, 18:45   #13
JAMF
Minimodder

JAMF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I actually put my foot down.

Here's a "Howto" that allows one to use a wheel/pedal combo:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80322

In short:
Run the x360ce.exe tool to emulate the xBox controller and select your wheel or the closest 'relative'.
If you get the MSVCR100.dll error, DL and install the "MS Visual C++" package.

Select the "Advanced tab":
-change the device type to "Gamepad".
-AntiDeadZone; set this to "Enabled (X-input, 90%)".
-Set the Left Thumb DeadZone to your preference (1-nn%).

That's a much nicer way to drive.
JAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2010, 09:55   #14
leibritz
What's a Dremel?

leibritz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was so disappointed by the JV DLC. I played Mafia 2 on PC and suddenly I was playing an XBOX game? The mission markers scared the hell of me. I am also not interested in getting points, would you like to get points in Crysis?

Jimmy's Vendetta is a leap back, all bad things in Mafia 2 are even worse here...
leibritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2010, 08:28   #15
Anakha
Supermodder

Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnPedro
Oh, and that picture of Teri Hatcher has got to be altered... it almost looks like a mashup of her and Michael Jackson!
Yeah, it looks as though it's been run through a "Sharpen" filter until it screamed for mercy (And then a few more runs, just to make sure).