bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 10th Jan 2005, 01:20   #1
Brassfinz
Minimodder

Brassfinz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Remote Wonder II question

Hey all. I wasn't sure where else to post, so here it goes.

I just recently got a Remote Wonder II for my girlfriend for christmas. The problem is that she doesn't use the ATI multimedia programs that are supported by the remote. We've been able to find the plug-in for her DVD player (WinDVD), but We can't seem to find the plug-ins for her other media programs (Musicmatch Jukebox & Winfast PVR). Does anyone know where I can find these plug-ins? I've searched all over and found nothing.

Also, since I got the remote from Newegg, I had to buy it OEM. It came with neither software nor documentation. I downloaded the drivers from ATI's site, but those are for the Remote Wonder I. Does the same set of drivers work for both remotes? Or do I need to find RWII specific drivers?

And finally, where can I find documentation for Remote Wonder II? I've found it for the RWI, but not the RWII.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10th Jan 2005, 06:25   #2
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The drivers are universal AFAIK
There are only plugins for winamp and windvd really, I think a couple other odd ones but not much.

Documentation is basically the same, except for the aux buttons (which send controls to a predetermined app instead of the one in focus)
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2005, 19:03   #3
Brassfinz
Minimodder

Brassfinz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, I looked and I found plug-ins for other PVR programs, but not for WinfastPVR. Would WinTV or TVwonder work with her Leadtek card? Or would I need a new card for this kooky setup to work?

Also I think it's ultra retarded that there are no plug-ins for Musicmatch, you'd think someone would've written one by now. I'd write one, if I knew "C"

Anyways, thanx again for any help.
Old 11th Jan 2005, 02:20   #4
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My guess is that ATI won't have a plugin made for any TV software but their own so don't count on that. And as musicmatch is more of a music buying service than a quality player (hella resource hog for listening to some tunes) you can't be that surprised.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2005, 12:03   #5
Sp!
Ultramodder

Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've got a remote wonder I and the drivers I downloaded and installed from the ATI site were for both th I and II as far as I remeber.

I also found a plug in for media portal which is what I wanted it for simply by google. and I also found one for girder that let you reprogram just about everything. SO that might be worth a try.
Sp! is offline   Reply With Quote