bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 12th Feb 2005, 14:06   #1
4pple
What's a Dremel?

4pple has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dual Screen on Radeon 9600

Just as the title says. IS it posible? I ordered 2 LCD monitors already, if it doesnt work... my brother gets a new monitor If it is possible, what connections would have to be made, what software would I need?

Thanks

-4pple
4pple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2005, 14:13   #2
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
yes it works,nearly all gfx cards have dual out puts.one output is the standard vga d shaped connector and the other id the DVI connection which is a digital connection to lcd monitors that have that input,but with most gfx cards a DVI to vga adaptor comes with the card so you will have no problems with running two monitors,also about software the radeon control pannel has the options an controls for dual monitor output so just go an have a look.

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2005, 14:16   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
if both LCDs use DVI you may encounter problems, as you cannot convert an analogue signal into a digital signal, but you can do the opposite - you can go from DVI to VGA, but not the other way AFAIK.
Old 12th Feb 2005, 15:19   #4
smoguzbenjamin
"That guy"

smoguzbenjamin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah I was gonna say, I use a DVI -> VGA adapter for my second CRT but I didn't think it worked the other way...
Old 12th Feb 2005, 21:39   #5
Stompy
Ultramodder

Stompy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeh but most screens have a DVI and a VGA too.
Stompy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
graphics